5.01.2014

Review | Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter & Curl Definer



I was so excited when We Are Onyx sent me their subscription box. I was just coming back from break and it was a nice package to receive. I had never ordered from them before so I was pretty anxious to see what I would receive. There were 3 full-sized Beautiful Textures products. I'm going to review two of the three products.

Packaging, Price & Availability. The container is packaged with a very nice and vibrant color. If I were to see these on shelves my attention would definitely go to it (good marketing). I’ve seen this range from $5 - $8 in various virtual and brick-and-morter places. For the 8 fl oz container you’re getting – it’s a pretty good price.

Fragrance. It does have a fairly strong fruity smell but it's not overpowering.

Consistency. It wasn't so thick that I had to scrape it out with my nail but the texture was nice enough to smooth onto my hair without it feeling wet or stiff.


My Usage & On My Hair. I used it for my braid/twist-outs. It made my hair extra defined. The biggest pro for me was the moisturizing effect that this product had. I tried it on both wet and dry hair-both times it kept my hair feeling soft.

What’s Inside. Water , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive Oil) , Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean Oil) , Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , PEG 75 Lanolin , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth 20 , Cetyl Alcohol , Argania Spinosa Nut Oil (Argan Oil) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut Oil) , Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit (Shea Butter) , Mangifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango Butter) , Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary Extract) , Dimethicone , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Vera) , Phenyl Trimethicone , Panax Ginseng Root Extract (Ginseng) , Polysorbate 20 , Imidazolidinyl Urea , DMDM Hydantoin , CI 15985 (Yellow 6) , Fragrance , Benzyl Benzoate , Benzyl Salicylate , Coumarin , d-Limonene , Hexyl Cinnamal , Lyral , Methyl Ionone Gamma

Overall Thoughts. I would purchase this product. If you prefer products that have more natural ingredients then you wouldn’t really like it. It contains some natural products and a whole bunch of scientific ones.








Loved It!

I loved how this didn't make my hair feel dry. A lot of gels tend to make the hair feel hard and dry afterwards but not this. It was very lightweight; almost like flaxseed gel. There is a lot of product. You don't need much so you'll definitely have this product for a while. The curl definer also has a citrus-like smell which I enjoy.


Hated It!

I didn't personally hate this but be careful when you're using this. It has a water-like consistency and can cause a big mess if you're not careful.


Overall Thoughts. I love using the curl definer when I want my bangs to be defined but it wouldn't be my favorite product to make my afro puff sleek. As for the moisture butter, I definitely want it in my collection. I loved it. Thanks again to We Are Onyx! Make sure you click below to follow their links and get your own box with full-sized products for only $25!

 
 
 
 
*The products mentioned were sent to be by We Are Onyx. All thoughts, opinions and reviews are 100% honest. 

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah Farma. Design by Fearne.